Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Morning or Night person?

For the last five years I have been teaching Early Morning Seminary for my church. I believe at first I had to change into a morning person. When the alarm goes off at 4:45 a.m. getting up early is a no duh. That means going to be early is a must. I am the kind of girl that needs those eight hours of sleep. So off to bed at 9 p.m., 9:30 at the latest.

Today as I was driving around running errands it occurred to me that the transformation has not really taken place as I thought it had. My evidence is: I am grumpy at bed time and grumpy at wake up time, I sometimes forget to say my prayers in the morning, I come home and need a nap at about 8:30, it takes a few hours somedays to get going on the days duties.

If I take that nap then I am ready to get going. But I usually wait until after I have eaten lunch. Then it seems I am go, go, go. The list is gotten to and I move along. My evenings are usually full of things to do and get done.

Morning or night person? I'm not sure anymore.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a morning person, always have been, and can't change it now! I don't think you're ever grumpy! You're too nice and too sweet! You're teaching is a huge blessing to the kids of our Ward! Thanks for your service and sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is wonderful for you to do what is difficult for you. It takes a special person to make commitments that change your way of doing things. I am sure the Lord has blessed your for your changes, even the hard things. I love you as a dear daughter-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My problems is that I am both. I like to burn the candle at both ends. It's getting harder and harder for me to get up early. 5:45 used to be the time for my start, but It's getting to where I have a hard time peeling the mattress off of my back any more. I need to get to bed earlier so that I have time to accomplish all the things in the morning that I need to do.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. Be nice.