Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The last Hope Chest

Several years ago for Christmas I bought some plywood and other supplies to make hope chests for the the three girls. Debra received hers first. Julie received hers last year. This year I finally finished the last chest for Anita.

Here Jeanette is sitting in the shop next to the parts that were cut and near ready to assemble.



A closer view.



And the assembly.



Then for the finish; Danish Oil and Satin Wax.





Unfortunately I did not get a photograph of the finished product before we delivered it. Maybe Anita can provide a photograph back.

2 comments:

  1. What a talented brother I have!
    Good work Larry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I can see it is beautiful. You're a very gifted craftsman. I hope this means you're back in Waco... I've missed the Vance family.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. Be nice.