Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"Can't" is Such a Strong Word

I am a Star Wars fanboy. I have relented lately in watching the movies as much as at a previous time in my life, but there is one scene in Star Wars Episode I that I believe to be true. Qui-Gon Jinn was talking to Anakin Skywalker about midi-clorians and told him that "Your Focus Determines Your Reality". A corrolary of that that was a precursor is that when you say you can't your are right, and when you say you can, you are right. Believe in yourself. Don't tell yourself you cannot do it before you begin.

5 comments:

  1. I think I'll quote you on that.

    Actually, I know that our attitude does effect the outcome of our efforts. When I have had a defeatist attitude, I'm usually defeated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Can't cant do anything." Gloria Vance's quote. Do you believe in the law of attraction. In the "secret" it states that you attract what you think. I think there is definetly true to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that a positive attitude is a good thing. I have done a lot of things in my life because I believed that I could do them. I also know that a defeatist attitude can get you nowhere.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. Be nice.