Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Day

I rose at the usual time for a Thursday. At 4:45 A.M. I rolled over the sideboard and pulled on the clothes I left for myself the night before so I could go out and build a fire in the smoker and get the turkeys going. We decided to smoke 2 turkeys this year.



I had little difficulty finding the wood I needed to prepare our Toms. I had some scraps in the shop left from some small projects I have executed in the past year. There were also some small pieces of the Bradford Pear from our neighbors tree. I was pleased that the fire ignited with little effort.



Both Toms were looking good by 10. I will leave them in for a couple more hours smoking.



We were invited to have dinner with the Loosli family. This is a repeat performance. It sure is nice not having to do all the cleaning. We will take one of the birds and ...



some pie that was left from last night. Micki will object, but here it comes.



That will leave us with a much better set of leftovers to manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Be nice.