Thursday, May 28, 2009

Creating the best life for you

In the March 2009 issue of the magazine Waco Today there is an article about having a good life. It spotlighted a psychologist that has a interest in positive psychology. I thought that was an interesting area. He has written a book about having a happy life. At the bottom of some pages it gives a list of "Proven Happiness Boosters." I think they are good things to do as well. So here they are.

Booster #1: Keep a journal.
Booster #2: Express gratitude.
"Gratitude is the memory of the heart." - J.B. Massieu
Booster #3: Do volunteer work.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart." - Elizabeth Andrew
Booster #4: Apply your strengths.
Booster #5: Forgive.
"To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it." - Confucius
Booster #6: Savor happy memories.
"God gave us memories that we might have roses in December."
Booster #7: Meditate.
"Prayer is when you talk to God; meditation is when you listen to God." - Diana Robinson

I have been taught these priciples most of my life though worded differently. I think they are correct. I have some to improve upon and some that are strengths and still give me strength. I hope you will boost your life so it can be the best you can have.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the things that were posted there. All of those things are part of the Gospel and it is the plan of happiness. I believe in happiness.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. Be nice.