Saturday, February 7, 2009

Grade School

There was a post a while back about primary school teachers. Here are some that I remember.

Mrs. Meyers was my first grade teacher. I don't remember anything else except I attended at the old grade school where the fire escape was a slide on the side of the building and there was a big bell in the belfry. I do remember giving myself a haircut with some safety scissors. I cut it clear down to the scalp.

Mrs. Coombs taught me in second grade. She was a large woman with a very calm demeanor. I do remember she moved slowly.

Mrs. Joyce was my third grade teacher. Larry White was in my class. I was gone for a while because I was sick. I spent some time in Denver.

Mrs. Dunn taught me in 5th grade. I remember talking about the working of an internal combustion engine.

Mr. Rivera taught me in 6th grade. He was eventually removed as a teacher. All the kids disliked him as a teacher.

Mr. White taught wrestling and would travel to the gradeschools in the district.

I also took band, but I am having difficulty remembering the teachers name. I can see him visually, and I would recognize his name if someone said it, but it is hidden in the deep moldy recesses of my mind.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your information about your schooling. I found a paper from your school that had a poem that you wrote. I'll try to find it and post it.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. Be nice.