Friday, January 16, 2009

Hurry Up and Wait

As a male I have a tendency to want to get things done in the quickest and most direct method. Speed limits are just that, limits. Many times I will be in a hurry to get to some place that the next step is to wait. 10 minutes early is just in time.

I have heard people say frequently that a group should meet ten minutes early so they will not be ten minutes late. This is very irritating to me. I have seen people set their clocks 10 minutes ahead so they could be on time, but since they know the clock is 10 minutes ahead they will live 10 minutes late and still be late.

I have always disliked waiting in queues and lines, but it seems that is the way things are going. Even to make a phone call for assistance with a warrantee it is necessary to wait in a waiting queue. Maybe they do this so they can have less warrantee claims.

Even so, I am usually in a hurry and then I have to wait.

Hurry up and wait.

2 comments:

  1. I have heard that Grandma Dunn started getting ready when it was time to be there. Grandpa hated being late. I am like Grandpa most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to know more, you will just have to wait.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. Be nice.